The British premium car manufacturer MINI presents what is by some measure the most powerful models ever approved for public road use in the brand’s sixty year history. The new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman displays outstanding performance in the compact premium segment. In both models, the extraordinarily powerful engine is combined as standard with a new 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission, including mechanical differential lock on the front axle, an ALL4 all-wheel drive system, a specifically engineered chassis, and additional reinforcement modifications for the body structure, engine connection and chassis fastenings. This enables the John Cooper Works racing sensation to attain a completely new dimension of performance.
In this brand new version of the two top sports models, both the individual six door model with its extreme driving fun and the robust all-rounder provide a challenging performance experience. The latest generation of the 4-cylinder engine developed for the John Cooper Works models with MINI TwinPower Turbo technology surpasses that of the previous drive by as much as 55 kW/75 hp at maximum output. Maximum torque has increased by 100 Nm to 450 Nm, and acceleration performance has also risen commensurately. The new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman sprints from 0-100 in 5.1 seconds – 1.5 seconds faster than in the respective previous models. The elasticity of the two models has never been as impressive as it is now.
With the concentrated power of the new engine and its optimised ability to transfer its output onto either a road surface or loose terrain, the new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman has assured its place in the leading line-up of sport models in the compact segment. And within the MINI model range, the top athletes has never been more deserving of its top position. Compared to the MINI Cooper S Countryman, output has risen from its previous level of 39 hp to 114 hp. The resulting superior performance characteristics are accompanied by a range of model-specific design and equipment features that successfully underline the exclusive and rarefied nature of this two John Cooper Works model.
Summary of highlights: The new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman and the new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman.
- New 4-cylinder engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo technology and 225 kW/306 hp with 450 Nm.
- Increase in output compared to the previous models: 55 kW/75 hp.
- Cooling concept incorporates know-how from the race track.
- New exhaust system with remarkable sound development.
- MINI ALL4 all-wheel drive as standard.
- New 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission with integrated mechanical differential lock for the front wheel.
- Model-specific chassis design and coordination.
- New bigger John Cooper Works sport brake system.
- Extremely rigid body structure, motor connection and chassis fastenings