- Third body variant joins the new generation of top-class high-performance sports cars for the premium midsize segment:
BMW M4 Competition Convertible with M xDrive: 375 kW/510 hp, acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 3.7 seconds, fuel consumption combined: 10.2 l/100 km [27.7 mpg imp] in the WLTP cycle; CO2 emissions combined: 233 – 231 g/km in WLTP.
- BMW M4 Competition Convertible with M xDrive breaks new ground for M as an open-top high-performance sports car with all-wheel drive. Compelling blend of exclusive driving pleasure and majestic performance. Classic M formula of dynamism, agility and precision combined with uncompromising everyday usability and long-distance capabilities. Unobstructed access to the sun and onrushing wind, and direct immersion in the engine’s soundtrack with the roof down, create a performance experience of standout intensity. Launch immediately after the start of production in July 2021.
- Emotionally engaging design with clear forms, a dynamically stretched silhouette and new softtop concept. Panel bow softtop combines the practical benefits of a retractable hardtop with the classically elegant aesthetic of a fabric hood. Softtop is 40 per cent lighter than the predecessor’s roof, boot capacity is 80 litres larger. The softtop can be opened or closed in 18 seconds, even when moving, thanks to its electric drive mechanism.
- Signature M exterior features play an authentic role in meeting the requirements of a high-performance sports car: large, vertical BMW kidney grille in M-specific design, large cooling air intakes for engine and brakes, powerfully contoured wheel arches, distinctive M Side Gills. Exhaust system’s two pairs of tailpipes integrated into M-specific diffuser. Prominently extended side sills combine with attachment parts for front and rear aprons to form a black band encircling the body. M Carbon exterior package and BMW M Performance Parts available as options.
- Six-cylinder in-line engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, high-revving character and maximum output increased by 44 kW/60 hp over the predecessor model. Two turbochargers, optimised direct injection technology, components developed on the back of racing expertise. Hallmark M performance characteristics and peak torque of 650 Nm (479 lb-ft). Cooling and oil supply systems designed to handle extremely dynamic longitudinal and lateral performance. Exhaust system with electrically controlled flaps for an emotionally rich soundtrack.
- Power channelled via an eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic. Three shift programs, selector lever in M-specific design, gearshift paddles on the steering wheel.
- M xDrive all-wheel-drive system and Active M Differential enhance traction, directional stability and dynamism. Rear-biased setup, three modes for the driver to choose from: 4WD, 4WD Sport and 2WD for pure rear-wheel drive with the driving stability control system deactivated.